What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of text that websites send to your browser and stored on the user's terminal, which can be a personal computer, a mobile phone, a tablet, etc .. These files allow the Web site remember information about your visit, such as language and preferred options, which can facilitate your next visit and make the site more useful by customizing its contents. Cookies play an important role in improving the user experience of the Web.
Types of cookies used
This site uses both temporary session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies store information only while the user accesses the Web and permanent cookies store data in the terminal to be accessed and used in more than one session.
According to the purpose for which the data obtained through the cookies are addressed, the Web can use:
They are those that allow the user to navigate through the website or application and use of different options or services it exist. For example, control traffic and data communication, identify and maintain the user session, access the Web parts of restricted access, remember the elements of an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use items safety in navigation and store content for broadcast video or sound.
They are those that allow the user to access the service with some features general predefined in the terminal or the user define. For example, language, type of browser through which you access the service, design selected content, geolocation of the terminal and the locale from which you access the service.
STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF COOKIES
They are those that allow the monitoring and analysis of user behavior on websites. The information gathered through such cookies is used in measuring the activity of Web, application or platform sites and profiling of user navigation of these sites, in order to introduce service improvements based use data that users make.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
In some Web pages you can be installed third-party cookies that allow you manage and improve services. Such as statistical services of Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, youtube.
How to manage cookies in the browser?
The user has the option to allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring your browser options installed on your terminal:
To set permissions related to cookies in the browser Google Chrome:
- Click the menu in the toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show Advanced Options.
- In the "Privacy" section click the Settings button content.
- In the section "Cookies" you can set options.
* More information about Google Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
To set permissions related to cookies in the browser Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window click the Tools menu.
- Select Options.
- Select the Privacy panel.
- In the Firefox option you can select Use custom settings for history to configure.
* More information on Mozilla Firefox. https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/Borrar%20cookies
To set permissions related to cookies in the browser Internet Explorer 9:
- At the top of the window Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu.
- Select the Security tab and use the Delete Browsing History to delete cookies. Activate the Cookies check box, and then click Delete.
- Select the Security tab and use the settings move the slider all the way up to block all cookies or completely down to allow all cookies. After that, click OK.
* More information on Internet Explorer 9.
In some browsers you can be configured to manage cookies for specific Web site rules, which provides more precise control over privacy. This means you can disable cookies from all sites except those in which you trust.